We found that we had become strangely attached to our “home from home” when it came to dropping the RV off in Vegas last Friday, but then again, looking at the following, perhaps it’s easy to understand why:
– 4,565 miles driven in 35 days (we planned for 2,500!);
– 12 National Parks or Monuments visited;
– 10 of America’s 50 States visited;
– 3 States driven through in one day on 2 separate occasions;
– Continental Divide crossed twice;
– Highest continuously paved highway in N America successfully navigated (it was closed because of 3 foot snow only 3 days beforehand)
– Major rock fall in Yellowstone narrowly avoided;
– 18 different campsites/RV Parks stayed at;
– 522 gallons and an eye watering $1,828 spent on fuel (memorable for not such good reasons!)
– 3 minor traffic violations early on in the trip, fortunately when no police officers were present!
What an awesome adventure, one that we hope that none of us will ever forget!